the day i was set free...

This day would be my day... the day i was set free from all things that hunted me for the last 2 months... now im sure it wasn't my fault... that all my accusations were true...i was branded as the 'absurd' girlfriend... with a vehement denial and made me feel that the relationship fell apart because of the fights we had which made me the cynical one...
it all happened so fast.. first he was asking for space (when we are already miles apart).. then the hurtful words came out on christmas day.. (imagine, christmas! how can anyone do that to someone who you say you 'love')..days passed and was trying to calm myself down. On new year's day, i received an unexpected call.. he blamed me for things i said that was not even my fault and which i didn't really say.. 2 supposedly 'happy days' of the year, and he didn't care if he'll break my heart..again! didn't even think of how i would feel.. Dang! how selfish can you get.
i heard a million lies.. kept waiting for several nights for things to change.. made excuses for him.. cried for nights.. accepted his hurtful words..sacrificed alot...but i can't be that person anymore....

Today, seeing and tracing all the evidences of betrayal...i can be free and stop blaming myself.. i know im not a perfect girlfriend, but i sure gave him my best! if that wasn't enough, then you're not for me to begin with... i will not settle for less.. and yes, i do agree with your 'parting words'... i DO deserve someone better....
Moving on is never easy but with this situation, i know that is the best thing.. letting you go with a smile, and now, my heart can be whole again. i will never give up and never stop believing that life will be better for me... I WILL BE BETTER!


God will never leave you empty, if something is taken away He will replace it with something better. If He asks you to put something down, it is so you can pick something greater...

2 comments:

Jans said...

winner ka dyan sister!.. tama yan!:) it takes a smart man to appreciate someone like you.. and a smart woman to realize she doesn't deserve to be treated the way you were treated!..;) i'm so proud with how you're letting go and moving on! keep it up sis!:)

m i n y said...

aww...thanks, u really are my sister.. :p

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me
about me

daily quotes for lifelong learners